ROBERT E. MACAVOY
Robert E. MacAvoy is a founder and President of Easton Consultants. He is responsible for the information services practice of the Firm.
He has performed strategy assignments in database and software businesses, information clearinghouses, and hardware businesses concerned with the acquisition and processing of information. Recently, Mr. MacAvoy has performed a number of studies in the electronic commerce area. These have included:
- Strategy development for a manufacturing firm requiring development of an e-commerce solution involving many different types of channel partners.
- Strategy development for an Electronic Purchasing network service, requiring analysis of service value in various market segments, both for vendors and buyers. Research was performed to determine the efficiencies to overall business systems resulting from adaptation of the service.
- Strategy development for a small business electronic commerce service. This included analysis of the various information requirements of the small business market, as well as a comprehensive analysis of other service offerings being sold to that market.
- Strategy development for a electronic commerce business initiative in the human resources area. This included the establishment of a job/résumé matching system, and electronic delivery of employment related information. The service was originally developed for the Microsoft Network.
- Development of a new strategic approach for an information service provider to the advertiser, advertising agency and media community, resulting in the initiation of an electronic commerce solution for all media planning and buying.
Mr. MacAvoy has managed and participated in assignments for clients based in the United States, Europe, and Asia over the last 20 years. He has published frequently concerning strategy development and competitive analysis. He is also the author of Easton Consultants’ three-part series on Competitive Strategy Development and Easton’s recent “Green Paper,” Strategy in an Internet World which argues that electronic commerce, time and the renewal of a firm’s intellectual capital will be the new basis for competition.
Mr. MacAvoy received a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from Villanova University, and a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Pittsburgh. He took post-graduate study in capital budgeting and financial systems at MIT and was elected a Certified Management Consultant by the Institute of Management Consultants in 1980.
Copyright © 2003,
Easton Consultants. All rights reserved.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
Send us feedback.
No part of this material may be reproduced, translated, transmitted, framed, or stored in a retrieval system for public or private use without the written permission of the publisher.