JAMES E. LEWIS
James E. Lewis, a Vice President and Managing Director of Easton Consultants, assists clients in the areas of:
- Corporate Development — identifying and evaluating opportunities for growth through the creation of new products or businesses with internal or external investments. o New Business Development Strategies — formulating business strategies and plans for new markets, products or businesses.
- Market Analysis and Strategies — assessing segmentation options, delivered value packages, customer requirements, pricing and organization alternatives.
Jim has over twenty years of management and consulting experience in various information and service businesses. These include insurance, information processing, computer services, data base, travel and information intense distribution businesses. He has developed innovative approaches for evaluating inherently complex service value packages and delivery systems. As a systems analysis officer in the U. S. Army, Jim was involved in the development of a financial management system for the Corps of Engineers civilian construction operations. As Manager of Pricing and Operations Analysis at the Hertz Corporation, he helped to integrate operations strategies and information systems for corporate headquarters and 110+ field locations. These included pricing, operational performance and fleet management systems. Examples of consulting assignments include:
- Formulation of strategy and pricing options for a new Electronic Commerce venture aimed at providing network services for corporate purchasing. (For IBM)
- Acquisition evaluation of a computer services firm that provided on-site risk reduction consulting, off-site storage, security and back-up services.
- Development of strategy alternatives for combining technical services, information processing and insurance products into vertical market services.
- Assessment of strategy options and information support systems needed to provide profitable financial services to higher risk customers.
- Assessment of market requirements, competitive dynamics and business opportunities for integrated logistics chain network services.
Jim Lewis received a Bachelor’s degree in Geology from Lafayette College, held a teaching fellowship at Cornell University and obtained an MBA from the University of Pittsburgh. His early business experience included a variety of marketing and strategic planning functions with RCA Corporation.
Copyright © 2003,
Easton Consultants. All rights reserved.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
Send us feedback.
No part of this material may be reproduced, translated, transmitted, framed, or stored in a retrieval system for public or private use without the written permission of the publisher.